Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Book Number 16 - The Gatecrasher


I finished reading The Gatecrasher by Madeleine Wickham.
This is the second book of hers that I've read,
which means I'm getting closer to crossing another thing off my 101 List.

Summary:
Fleur has found a way to make money without a job. She crashes funerals. She stands out with her bright hair and always has on a stunning hat. Fleur gets close to the widower and works her way into his heart. Then she gets added to his gold card, withdrawals a lot of money and leaves.
Recently she crashed the funeral of Emily Favour and works her way into Richard's life.
Fleur finds herself to feel at home with Richard's family and friends. Everything is going to plan until Fleur's daughter, Zara shows up on Richard's doorstep. The story gets more interesting from there.

I really enjoyed this book. I wish it would have ended a little differently. I felt like there was all this build-up and then it just ended. I did enjoy reading it. It was a pretty easy read. Would be great for a beach trip. There was some suspense and some major laughs. I would recommend this book.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Im glad to hear you enjoyed it! Im about to read it.