Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Such a Lucky Girl


Oh me. Oh my. Today was a busy day. I woke up and went to do some work for my Dad to earn some $. Then Tim and I went to visit where we worked over the summer. I sure did miss all those kiddos. Nothing like seeing 30 to 40 kids faces light up when they see you. I was bombarded with hugs and I didn't realize how much I had missed them.

One little boy asked me, "Are you busy on December 30th?" My reply, "I'm not sure. Why?" "Well I wanted to invite you to my birthday party." Such a sweet 7 year old boy. I can't wait until I'm a teacher!

Today I asked Tim "What do you think I should write about on my blog?"
His reply, "How beautiful you are."
My response "Wouldn't that make me conceited?"
His fantastic answer, "It's not conceited if it's true."
Isn't he the sweetest??

I'm such a lucky girl.

5 comments:

southbayrantsnraves said...

that sounds so sweet! :-)

Stephen K said...

Aw that kid is cute! And *retch* at the last bit though :P We can't ALL be couples in love. Sheesh.

p.s. I used one of the recipes you posted a week or so ago and it worked great! Thanks so much :)

Mayhem and Moxie said...

You've got quite a boy in your life. So very sweet.

Anyone who gives you compliments like that on a regular basis is definitely worth keeping!

Pink Martini said...

Hi Sarah. Thanks for stopping by to say hello. This is such a sweet story. I can tell you are going to be a wonderful teacher and you will touch many young lives. :)

alessandra said...

Certainly you are a lucky girl, but all this demonstration of love, make me think you deserve it.