Thursday, December 10, 2009

PepperMint Meltaways

This recipe comes from Reynolds. These look and sound so delicious. I actually believe I can already smell them even though I'm not making them. Silly right?


Ingredients

Reynolds® Parchment Paper


FOR COOKIE:

1 cup LAND O LAKES® Butter, softened

1/2 cup powdered sugar

1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract

1-1/4 cups King Arthur® Unbleached All-Purpose Flour

1/2 cup Argo® Corn Starch


FOR GLAZE:

1-1/2 cups powdered sugar

2 tablespoons LAND O LAKES® Butter, softened

1 to 2 tablespoons milk

1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract

2 to 3 drops red food color, if desired

Candy canes or hard peppermint candy, crushed



Directions

PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with Reynolds Parchment Paper; set aside.

COMBINE butter, powdered sugar and 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Reduce speed to low; add flour and cornstarch. Beat until well mixed.

COVER dough; refrigerate until firm (30 to 60 minutes).

SHAPE rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on parchment-lined cookie sheets.

BAKE 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let stand 1 minute; slide parchment with cookies onto a wire rack to cool. Cool completely.

FOR GLAZE, combine powdered sugar, butter, peppermint extract and enough milk for desired glazing consistency in small bowl. Stir in food color, if desired. Drizzle glaze over cookies on parchment. Immediately sprinkle with crushed candy.

Number of Servings: 4 dozen cookies

Happy Baking!!

4 comments:

Emily Anne said...

Yum those look great. :)

saltsays said...

Those look SO good. I love peppermint anything!

Just stopping by from SITS...thanks for posting the recipe! I'm bookmarking it for sure!

Julia said...

Those look adorable :)

Laurie said...

O my gosh! These look SO good! I'm definitely going to try them ...have bunch of cookie swaps right now!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! I'm so impressed with your blog and, add that you're in college, I don't know how you do it!! Good for you :-)

My oldest son is a freshman at Virginia Tech ....I think his first final is tomorrow. Are you in the midst of finals? I assume so. Hope they go smoothly and they get over with asap! And then you can enjoy the Christmas holiday!

Good luck with all .....

http://youmusttakeyourchance.blogspot.com/