Monday, December 7, 2009

MISS DOT’S PEPPERMINT PATTY BROWNIE CUPCAKES

Today I am starting a week long event of sharing wonderful holiday desert recipes with all of you [my wonderful readers].

This recipe comes to us from Miss Dot at Miss Dot's Cupcake Spot, I highly recommend you check out her blog. She has some fabulous

recipes and her blog is so lovely!



MISS DOT’S PEPPERMINT PATTY BROWNIE CUPCAKES

Adapted from Martha Stewart

Ingredients
Makes 12 cupcakes


8 oz. (½ lb) chocolate chips

1 stick (½ c.) butter

1 c. sugar

3 large eggs

½ t. vanilla

½ c. all-purpose flour

¼ c. cocoa powder

4 large York peppermint patties (cut into quarters)


Method

1. PREHEAT oven to 350°F

2. MELT chocolate chips and butter in a microwave-safe bowl, heating in microwave for 30 second increments (stirring after each one) until smooth with very few chunks.

3. WHISK in sugar until smooth.

4. ADD vanilla and eggs.

5. ADD flour and cocoa carefully whisking until just combined (do not overmix!)

6. SPOON a small amount (about 1 tablespoon) into each liner and place one quarter of a peppermint patty on top. TOP with more batter (covering completely).

7. BAKE for approximately 15-18 minutes (depending on oven and your gooey brownie preference)

8. ICING optional (recipe below)


Peppermint Buttercream Frosting

Mix together 2 cups powdered sugar (sifted), ¼ c. butter, and ¼ c. shortening. Add 1 T. peppermint extract. Add milk and/or more extract as necessary for desired consistency and peppermint taste.



Don't these look delicious?? I can't wait to try them.




Please stop by Miss Dot's blog and show her some fantastic love.

Thanks for sharing with us Miss Dot!! I hope you all have a lovely day and happy baking!!


P.S. If you have a recipe you would like to share please e-mail me.

2 comments:

Sara said...

When I first saw them, I thought they were little baseballs. I was delighted, but very confused.

Then I got a better look and saw they were candy canes, which makes a lot more sense.

They look delicious!

Julia said...

I love all these mini pastries you have here!