Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Town, USA

Tonight Tim and I ventured out to what is known around here as Christmas Town, USA.
They have the best Christmas lights for miles.
It was beautiful.


Traffic was awful.
We sat in traffic maybe 30 to 45 minutes, stopped to eat at Chick-fil-a (delicious) then sat in traffic for another hour and a half at least!
But it was worth it.
The lights were beautiful and made me happy.
We got to spend a lot of time talking to each other without many distractions such as the television or other people.
We had meaningful conversations and some not so meaningful ones.
Mainly he laughed at me being silly,
which is fine by me.


P.S. Doctor called today, said the growth has decreased to half the size it was.
I was so happy, so relieved.
Thank you all for your sweet comments and prayers.
I really appreciate it.

11 comments:

Mad Woman said...

First...YAY!!! For the great news from the doc. You must be very relieved.

Second...loved this post.

Beth P. said...

Aw, isn't it the best to just laugh for the sake of laughing at each other?! I'm glad you had a great night out, I wish we had something so enchanting here - my son would love it!

Chick-Fil-A - YUM! :-)

Kati said...

I love Christmas lights. Fewer and Fewer homes put up lights each year because of the downward spiraling economy.. but there are always a few that go ALL out.

Whit said...

Such great news! And just in time for Christmas too. :D

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

I feel like i need to go there... hm.

Stephen K said...

That's some great news from the doc! I mean, sure more often than not a lump ends up being benign or something that gets rid of itself, but still you must be feeling so much relief right now!

p.s. I want to know what Chick-a-fila is now!

Sarah Nicole said...

Chick-fil-a is an awesome place only in the South of the U.S. The best chicken ever. Their breakfast is my favorite. :]

Karen, author of "My Funny Dad, Harry" said...

Sounds like a fun place except for sitting in that traffic!

Visiting from SITS. Merry Christmas!

itsybitsyknitsy said...

Stopping by from SITS. sounds like great news from the doc!!!

Nicole said...

Christmas lights make me happy! =D
Yay for good news =D

Thanks for sharing your best of 09! SITS style =D

Sara said...

I'd heard of that place! My roommate and I were actually told to take an alternate route to Charlotte so we could avoid the Christmas Town traffic that would surely develop.

Looks like it was worth the trip (and the Chick-Fil-A)!