Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Buckeye Bars

I love peanut butter and I love chocolate. So to me the perfect recipe would be one that combines both of them.

This delicious recipe is from Kraftfoods.com. I love getting their food & family magazine. You should sign up for it, it's entirely free.


Buckeye Bars

Ingredients


1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
22 NILLA Wafers, crushed
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 of 8-oz. tub COOL WHIP Whipped Topping (Do not thaw.)
3 squares BAKER"S Semi Sweet Chocolate


Directions:

LINE 8-inch square pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides. Beat butter and peanut butter with mixer until blended. Mix in wafer crumbs. Gradually add sugar, mixing well after each addition. Press onto bottom of pan.

MICROWAVE COOL WHIP and chocolate in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 min.; stir. Microwave 15 to 30 sec. or until chocolate is melted; stir until blended. Spread over peanut butter layer.

REFRIGERATE 2 hours. Use foil handles to lift dessert from pan before cutting to serve.

I wish I had some of these to eat right now!! If you make them will you mail me one please??

6 comments:

Sara said...

These are speaking to me.

Confessions From A Working Mom said...

OK, I ate my lunch embarassingly early at work (like, 10:45am early... yeah), just burnt my popcorn snack, and am STARVING. Then I see these-- you're killing me!!!

Seriously, I'm from Ohio originally, and we do all things Buckeye. I've had something like this before, and they are DELICIOUS!

~Elizabeth
http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com

amindinmotown said...

That Kraft Food & Family Magazine is THE best place for recipes. Hands down.

angelina la dawn said...

i cna't wait to go home and have some of these! (my mom in law always makes them) who doesn't love peanut butter and chocolate?

angelina la dawn said...

peanut butter and chocolate= best friends forever!

Kristin said...

I loooooooove buckeyes! But buckeye bars? Heck yeah!