Wednesday, November 4, 2009

When I Grow Up



When I was a young girl I wanted to be a princess when I grew up. When I found that Sarah meant "Hebrew Princess" I knew I just had to grow up and marry a prince.  I had dreams of being a princess and living in a fabulous castle. I bought I tiara (a bridal one) when I was 11 or 12 for my Halloween costume. In all honesty, I still have it. I would be lying if I told you I didn't put it on and still use my imagination. (giggle) Sometimes I still daydream about it. Tim tells me that I'll always be his princess. I'm a very lucky girl. 

When you were little what did you want to be when you grew up? 

6 comments:

Beth P. said...

I always wanted to be a teacher, but my mother said my handwriting was too messy. So then I wanted to be a doctor. But I don't like blood, so I practiced my writing and now... I'm a teacher!
I love that you still wear your tiara! There is nothing wrong with using your imagination!
Visiting from SITS. Beautiful blog!

Melissa said...

I was a cinderella/sleeping beauty fan myself ;) my mom told me I used to wear this princess dress daily, and had tantrums when asked to take it off to be washed lol... Have a great day!

Alicia said...

I love, love, love this picture! Annie Leibovitz is the best. I don't ever remember having just one thing that I wanted to do...a long time I wanted to be a lawyer... But before that I think it was mostly the norms!

amindinmotown said...

When I was realllllly young, I wanted to be a teacher. I'm glad I passed on that as I grew up. Then, from fifth grade on, I wanted to be a lawyer. Considering my current salary, I should've stuck with that decision!

Jessica Nunemaker said...

Me?

I wanted to open a Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory like in the movie. Seriously. I remember asking my BF if she wanted in on it. ;)

Then it became a writer and...huh. Funny how sometimes dreams become reality, eh?

Joshua said...

I wanted to be a JEDI!!! I'm still working on it...