Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Puzzle Ring. I want one!!

Isn't this ring gorgeous? This lady I work with had one on yesterday. Guess what the cool thing about it is! It comes apart like this:Are you wondering why? This a puzzle ring. People used them in the Middle Ages. Kings normally gave them to their wives because they (a) had a lot of wives and (b) if you took it off to fool around with someone else they would know because the wives didn't know how to put them back together. Isn't that so cool? This ring is a 6 band one but they have ones that go up to 12 bands. I want one.

{images from here}

8 comments:

Kristin said...

How different. Love it. Where did she get hers?

Sarah Nicole said...

She went to the Renaissance Fair and bought hers.

Kelly said...

I want one too! Good morning from SITS.

Jessica said...

Me too!!!!!!
visiting from SITS
www.atlmomguide.com

Heather of the EO said...

Helloooo!

I'm in love with that ring. love knowing the history behind puzzle rings.

Came by from SITS...so nice to "meet" you!

Quincifer said...

Oh man, I want one too!!! :)

amindinmotown said...

Love this. So cute, and definitely different.

Jacky said...

Oh wow. If I tried to take it apart, I would NEVER be able to get it back together!! Very cool, though. ;)

greetings from a fellow SITSta!