Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Thanks to You

I know I haven't shared much about myself so I am going to share some now. I started this blog in the spring mainly as an outlet for everything I was going through. It was the end of my sophomore year of college and I had been dealing with a lot. I was going through drama with some friends (that started in the fall of freshman year) and I was really crushed. I never realized you could become so hurt from a friend but I guess that's part of life. All of this drama drained me emotionally. In December I went to the doctor and discovered there was a small benign tumor in my brain (one year check up this December). I know it's nothing major compared to what other people go through but at that time it completely pushed me over the edge. And I felt as though I didn't have a good friend to confide in or I felt I was burdening them with my issues (two of the worst feelings ever). Luckily I had my wonderful family and fabulous boyfriend to help me through it. But I was so angry, so upset that I would write awful hateful things here on this blog. Then I had a change of heart. After looking at lovely blogs written by wonderful people I decided that all this negativity, worrying, and drama was wasting so much of my energy. Energy that could be better spend on other things, like school, my family, time with Tim, and time with real friends. It was really hard for me (still is some days) but I'm trying. I would like to say thanks to all of you because reading your fabulous blogs has helped me.

On another note, I am going home tomorrow for fall break. Right now I'm watching Monty Python and the Holy Grail and I'm not sure I understand it. I love the panda picture, it makes me smile every time. I'll try to have a happier post tomorrow or Friday.

1 comment:

amindinmotown said...

(I'm typically behind a bit on my reader... Sorry.)

As much as I hate saying or believing this, drama does come along with some friendships and honestly, they are friendships not worthy wasting time on. I've always thought that people need positives in their life and if that means ridding yourself of negative people or things, then that's what has to be done to maintain happiness. Glad to know the tumor was benign. I'm sure that was a relief, and all my best hun.