Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Some days I wish...


Don't get me wrong, I enjoy college and I can not wait to be a teacher. I know that I will love being an Elementary school teacher. But some days I just wish I could be a 1950's housewife. Tonight I made peanut butter cookies (they were delicious, wish I could share them with you). I shared cookies with my room mates and my interesting neighbors. I want to be the mom on the block that makes the best cookies as Monica Geller would say. Something about baking makes me feel really domestic and I enjoy it. Crazy right? I am completely excited that my dreams of becoming a teacher are finally coming true. But I think being a 1950's housewife would be fun. Maybe that's what I will be for Halloween.

What are some of your dreams?

{photo credit}

3 comments:

amindinmotown said...

I, unlike many other women, have never had dreams about motherhood or being a wife. I've always wanted to be a successful writer. I want people to read the words I've written and feel something, escape to another world, enjoy the story. I wish I could better describe it...

(P.S. Jumped over from 20sb. I live just outside Charlotte, so feel free to bring me cookies.)

SARAHNICOLE said...

You have a fabulous dream. I hope it will come true for you soon. I love to read, so if you write something wonderful let me know. It could be my escape from domestic life. Don't let anyone crush your dream.

When I return to Charlotte, I might just have to do that.

Eva Gallant said...

I dream of being a published writer..who actually gets paid for what she writes!