Sunday, August 9, 2009

My 101 Things To Do in 1001 Days

This idea is from DayZero, and I have seen it posted on several other blogs. I thought it was a wonderful idea, but this list was a lot harder to make than I expected. Here is my list, in no specific order.
The Mission:

Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria:
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).

Haven't started
In progress

Completed

Completed: 58/101

Start date: 08/12/2009
Finish date: 05/09/2012
  1. Go see a movie by myself.
  2. Visit Grandfather Mountain, NC
  3. Go Kayaking
  4. Submit a photo to The Gypsy Feet
  5. Read Little Earthquakes by Jennifer Weiner (October 2009)
  6. Visit 2 states I haven't been to
  7. Go whitewater rafting
  8. Read all of the Harry Potter Books [7/7]
  9. Make a memory box
  10. Ride a roller coaster
  11. Buy a pair of shoes from Tom's Shoes (April 2011)
  12. Visit Charleston, SC (December 2010)
  13. Pay $20 towards a stranger's groceries.
  14. Complete a box for Operation Christmas Child
  15. Watch a sunrise
  16. See Sister Hazel in concert again
  17. Have a picnic on the Parkway (April 2011)
  18. Read The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffengger (Spet. 2009)
  19. Offer a giveaway on my blog
  20. See a Broadway play (November 2011)
  21. Buy something on Etsy
  22. Write a guest post for another blog
  23. Visit Gatlinburg, TN
  24. Take Tim to Kentucky to visit my family (Summer 2012)
  25. Visit the Biltmore Estate
  26. Host a 1950's themed party
  27. Make a mirrored candle holder.
  28. Go skiing
  29. Write a letter to everyone in my address book. (Spring 2013)
  30. Host a Board Game Night
  31. Mail a postcard to Post Secret
  32. Complete a 1,000 piece puzzle
  33. Give blood
  34. Make breakfast for dinner
  35. Send a package to a childhood friend filled with goodies from childhood
  36. Start a scrapbook
  37. Update my blog every day for two weeks 
  38. Join a yoga class
  39. Spend one Saturday/Sunday all day in my pajamas watching movies.
  40. Go for a walk in the rain
  41. Cook a wonderful dinner for Tim(Sept. 2009)
  42. Write a letter to one of my favorite author's (October 2011)
  43. Visit New Bern, NC
  44. Make a delicious strawberry dessert (May 2011)
  45. Go to an art gallery
  46. Post a positive quote every day for thirty days. [0/30]
  47. Send a postcard to my dentist (the irony of this makes me giggle) (August 2009)
  48. Compliment someone different everyday for three weeks [0/21]
  49. Bake cookies for my neighbors(Sept. 2009)
  50. Spend a day walking around downtown Charlotte
  51. Listen to every song in my iTunes Library
  52. Subscribe to a magazine
  53. Spend a day in the library reading a book from beginning to end (with at least 200 pages)
  54. Buy something in an Antique shop
  55. Make a magazine word collage of one of my favorite quotes.
  56. Learn to play chess
  57. Play a game of Battleship
  58. Have a Nerf gun fight
  59. Play a game of kickball
  60. Attend a book reading
  61. Wear my hair straight everyday for a week [0/7]
  62. Visit the North Carolina Zoo (Spring 2013)
  63. Visit Hot Springs, NC
  64. Get in the car and drive to an unknown destination
  65. Have a Star Wars Movie Marathon Week [6/6]
  66. Watch the 2nd and 3rd Back to the Future Movies (August 2009)
  67. Watch a football game other than the Mountaineers or Panthers
  68. Leave a note on the sidewalk in chalk
  69. Make popcorn for my Dad for a change (August 2009)
  70. Collect 50 Box-Tops and donate to a school[60/50]
  71. Burn an entire candle
  72. Take a trip to the Dollar Store and buy 10 items for a fun date day
  73. Color every picture in a coloring book
  74. Go to the drive-in movie
  75. Donate 50,000 grains of rice on freerice.com
  76. Drink only water for one month
  77. Write a book for children.
  78. Read every book written by Madeline Wickham [2/7]
  79. Submit a photo to icanread
  80. Baby-sit for a couple for free
  81. Fill up my spare change jar
  82. Drink a classic Coca-Cola from a glass bottle
  83. Participate in the 365 project
  84. Donate my hair to Locks of Love (November 2011)
  85. Add money to a parking meter about to run out
  86. Hand make just because gifts for 3 people
  87. Try a new food every week for 2 months [0/8]
  88. Check out a book from the library (Sept. 2009)
  89. Catch up with an old friend
  90. Try coffee
  91. Print at least 50 digital pictures
  92. Narrow purse to collection down to 10 (October 2009)
  93. Send a handmade card to a loved one
  94. Sponsor a child through Holt International
  95. Visit the Ikea store
  96. Post a funny video every week for 3 months 
  97. Use my "green" bags when I go shopping (September 2009)
  98. Have a day where time doesn't matter
  99. Let someone teach me something new.
  100. Graduate college (May 2011)
  101. Learn to drive a stick shift car.

21 comments:

KLBK said...

this is so great I saw you on the FB of 20SB! You've never watched a sunset before? Wow. And I did the operation christmas child too and really super duper loved it!!! Lol that was so cute about what you said about etsy! I'd love for you to buy something from my shop! http://www.asenseofplacephotogr.etsy.com.
I like also that this list isn't "before you die" it kind of takes the pressure off and gives us shorter goals!! Thanks

Latia said...

I have been writing a list of things I want to complete since I was a teenager, funny I never completed that list. I think I am going to take some time out and think about my list and post-it sometime in the near future.
I too would like to write a children's book. A person I graduated with wrote and published a children's book this past month, took him about a year to get it all going and done.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am following you now.

Latia

Beeba said...

this is a great list you've got here! Good luck! :)

Allison Blass said...

Great list! I have a list on my blog, Lemonade Life: http://lemonlemonade.wordpress.com/101-things/. It's been fun! I'm about 1.5 years into, so I'll be done next September. I still have a lot to do, and probably won't finish it all, but I think the idea is more to just keep you motivated in working towards something. Good luck!

SARAHNICOLE said...

Thanks for all the positive encouragement! I really appreciate it.

nicoleantoinette said...

Yes! This list is absolutely fantastic. I have a Life List that I'm working to cross off too, and man there's a lot I still need to do!!

Sheema said...

This is such a great idea- good luck with accomplishing everything! And I hope you enjoy the Time Traveler's Wife, it's one of my favorite books!

Ashley said...

Your list was so fun to read! I also wish you the best of luck in completing things and growing from what you accomplish!

Blessings,
-Ash

Mindy said...

Wow, that would be hard for me to come up with so many ideas! Maybe I'll try it sometime. Sounds like fun-- good luck! :)

Karina said...

Great list, I like it. It's realistic but at the same time, some of them seem to be a bit challenging. And Time Traveler's Wife is great!

Good luck! :)

If you'd like, you can check my tweaked version of the 101 in 1001 coming up this Friday on my blog.

www.suddenunexpectedtwist.com

Heather said...

I love everything on your list. And if it helps you out, Snapfish.com is having a sale....50 prints for 50 cents.

mango said...

I love your idea to pay $20 towards a stranger's groceries - when I make my list I'll be using that as inspiration for an interesting RAOK!

Seattle Kim D said...

I LOVE #35 such a great idea! You've inspired me to make a list of my own, thanks for the idea! :)

Josh said...

Awesome you have made yourself accountable for your goals by publishing it to the public! How long did it take you to create the list? How are you going about setting a plan to tackle all of them?

CCW said...

Fantastic idea, and a great list!
Came here via SITS (happy saturday sharefest), and glad I did. Happy Blogoversary :-)

Mary said...

I love your list! I'm a planaholic, so I've have my yearly lists, I stopped since my QLC. However, your list is very inspiring and it makes me want to do one again. hehehe

Jessie May said...

What a great idea and terrific way to live intentionally - I LOVE it! Thanks for bringing this to my attention. You've got me thinking about creating my own list now! Rock on girl, this is awesome:-)

coors cowgirl 21 said...

what a wonderful list. you had some really great ideas ... good luck in them all

Tiffanixo said...

Good luck on your list! I am in the process of creating mine. I like some of the ones you've chosen to put on yours.

I added you to my follow list so I can see how youre doing. If you get the chance, stop by my blog! I'm still new at it all, but wouldn't mind a new follower ;)

http://shethinks-shesays.blogspot.com/

Rena Nichole said...

Good job knocking stuff out :)

I just started mine on my blog. We have a couple things the same.

Oh, and P.S. I just checked out FreeRice, I'd never seen it before, so thanks!

Alli said...

I love #72. :) I think I'll have to steal that idea sometime!