Sunday, August 9, 2009

Finally Finished Book 9


Last night, after several weeks of reading and falling asleep because this book was ridiculous, I finally finished reading "A Wedding in December" by Anita Shreve. This was the first book I read that was written by Anita Shreve. I assumed it would be a good book because I had heard many positive things about her. This will probably be the last book I read written by her. This book started out so slow. Everytime I would pick it up I ended up falling asleep. It took me forever to get interested in it. And I was completely confused by the whole Innes story written by Anges. I did not understand why this story was included in the book, it was almost as long as the actual story. Of course I couldn't stop reading the book because I wanted to know what happened. This novel got interesting around page 230 and I was finally excited to see how everything was going to work out in the end. Then I got to the last page and I was completely and utterly disappointed. The ending was disastrous. I thought after all the torture of the first 320 pages maybe it would have a wonderful ending. It didn't. This book was awful and a complete waste of time for me to read. I do not recommend this novel.

At least I can say I have finished book number 9. Hopefully I can finish the 10th one before I return to Boone. And only 46 left (even though summer is almost over). I'm working on creating A list of 101 things to do in 1001 days. Has anyone else done this??

No comments: