Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Self Discovery

I have discovered I am a keeper. I have been trying to clean my room and go through all the things I have at home before I move into my apartment in August. I keep everything and anything that I might use again, save for creative activity, or by some miracle the clothes that I might fit into again someday... I think I still have my favorite outfit from when I was 15. Which is ridiculous, I need to get rid of it but can't. Also I found a spiral bound notebook, where on the first page I drew ivy type leaves around the edge. I think I did this in the beginning of high school, when I wanted to be edgy, creative, and poetic. I have yet to use the rest of the paper in the notebook because I have a slight hope that one day beautiful and poetic words would enter my mind and that page is the perfect place to write them. These next few weeks of going through everything else and packing are going to be very interesting. Maybe I'll find some treasures or things I forgot about.

3 comments:

Sarah Alaoui said...

"I think I did this in the beginning of high school, when I wanted to be edgy, creative, and poetic"

haha, I love those first few days of a new year when you want to try something new and it ends with...an empty journal. i've had many of those times : )

p.s. how'd you get "currently reading" on the right side of your blog?

keep blogging, I love to read college blogs.

SARAHNICOLE said...

On the page for Layout Editing, I added a picture gadget. I titled it, and then find the picture of the book and a link. I change it whenever I start a new book.

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

ah, i'm such a keeper!