Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Escape and Lucky Number Seven

I have enjoyed blogging about anything and everything that comes to my mind. I love that I can write whatever I want whenever I want. Some days I find myself completely lost in the world of blogs. If I am not updating my own, I am reading the updates of others and searching for new ones to read on a variety of subjects. This is a place where I can escape. I can ignore my worries, stresses, and insecurities for a brief moment in time. It doesn't matter what outfit I'm wearing or if my hair is perfectly straightened and I absolutely love that feeling.

I just finished book number seven (happens to be another way I escape), "Certain Girls" by Jennifer Weiner. This book is a sequel to "Good in Bed." It takes place twelve years later when Joy is preparing to turn thirteen. It is about her journey to discover who she is, her family background, and why her mom drives her insane. I have to admit I loved Cannie's character from "Good in Bed" and enjoyed her in this book as well. I also fell in love with the character, Joy. Although I was not a huge fan of the way it ended "Certain Girls" was a smart, witty, and fantastic read. I highly recommend it.

Seven books read, Forty-eight left.

No comments: